- Harvest Ontario contains a comprehensive listing of local food sources. It is produced by Bright Light Communications in collaboration with Ontario Farm Fresh and Farmers’ Markets Ontario.
Canadian Organic Growers
- Canada’s national membership-based education and networking organization representing farmers, gardeners, consumers and supporters in all provinces and territories. Activities include a magazine, books, fact sheets, library, advocacy, position papers and more.
Capital Region Food and Agriculture Initiatives Roundtable
- Bringing about positive change in the food and agriculture system within British Columbia‘s Capital Region.
Food Action Network
- The Food Action Network (FAN) brings many groups together to improve access to enough affordable, nutritious, safe, environmentally sustainable food for all. The purpose of this group is to create awareness, support food projects, advocate for policies that support community food security, and act as an information centre for community food security in the District of Thunder Bay.
Food Down the Road
- Working towards a sustainable local food system for Kingston and countryside.
Initiated by the National Farmers Union, Local 316 in December 2006, this website provides information about local food . Through visioning, researching, educating, advocating and partnership building, Food Down the Road is a vibrant community movement building a more vital and sustainable local food system. Website contains information, resources and event listings.
The Food Poverty Projects Database
- Contains details of a range of food and low income projects operating in a variety of settings throughout the UK.
Food Secure Canada
- Resources on food security: articles, publications, resources and contacts
- The vision of the FoodShed Project is a sustainable self-reliant food system that supports community economic development and access to healthy, locally grown food within the City of Greater Sudbury.
Growing Food Security in Alberta
- Information and connections on food security.
- Working toward a just and sustainable food system in Ottawa.
Ontario Good Food Box Network
- A province-wide network of Good Food Box (GFB) type programs that share information with each other and promote the importance of access to fresh produce. Individual program descriptions are posted in the Programs section of this website. A map of GFB programs has been compiled by Stephanie Laporte, which is available on the FoodShare Toronto website.
The Organic Council / Le Conseil Biologique de l’Ontario
- Membership-based non-profit association representing the organic sector in Ontario; provides resources and directory.
Sudbury Food Connections
- Community volunteers committed to implementing the Greater Sudbury Food Charter.
Sustain Ontario: the alliance for healthy food and farming
- Sustain Ontario advocates for a food system that is healthy, ecological, equitable and financially viable by:
– Strengthening Ontario’s farm and food networks
– Showcasing food system innovations and champions
– Pressing for farm and food policy reform.
Sustain: the alliance for better food and farming (UK)
- Based in London, England, Sustain advocates food and agriculture policies and practices that enhance the health and welfare of people and animals, improve the working and living environment, enrich society and culture and promote equity. It represents around 100 national public interest organisations working at international, national, regional and local level.
Toronto Food Policy Council
- The Toronto Food Policy Council partners with business and community groups to develop policies and programs promoting food security. Our aim is a food system that fosters equitable food access, nutrition, community development and environmental health.